Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New look diary

With so much rain falling yesterday it was a good day to stay in the sewing room.  My project for the day – to make a cover for my diary.  My friend and I have the same diary and on Monday we kept going to pick up each other’s diary.  So now mine looks different, and that problem is solved.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The piece of lace down the front was my Mum’s.  I can remember her using this lace when I was quite young.  The piece I had left was just long enough to fit down the length of the diary. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I put a pocket inside the back cover to hold a small notebook and pen.

7 comments:

Scottish Nanna said...

Hi Marilyn. I love your Diary The colours are great How sweet to have lace that Belonged to your Mum.that makes it Special.
Hugs Mary.xx

Vicki ♥ said...

It has turned out lovely and how special to use your Mums lace.I like the idea of the pocket for the notebook at the back too. You clever girl:) hugs Vicki x

Wendy said...

Pretty! It's nice to use up special remnants on something you carry around with you always. I love the idea of the pocket in the back for the notebook

Stitching Lady said...

Beautiful journal and I love the lace!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your journal is just lovely Marilyn, the lace is a very special touch..

Dianne said...

Marilyn, nice job on the diary cover and the pocket is a good idea. Can a pen live in there as well? I can never find mine VBG

Larain said...

I am sure ther will be no more confusion. How nice to be able to include something from your Mum. Thanks for sharing