Tuesday, January 24, 2012

First day …

For Charlie, the first day of Prep, for Kai the second year at school, and in prep again this year.  They are in different classrooms but found each other in the playground throughout the day.

prep1

They had a wonderful day.

And a first day for me in my revamped sewing room. Today was the first get together this year for my stitching group.  We meet in each other’s homes once a month, and this month was my turn to host the day.  The room proved a great success – with the car out, and the desks spread out we were able to work very comfortably – 8 of us, with 4 sewing machines set up, while some did hand sewing.  We could have had more sewing machines working as well.

For those who wanted to, these were todays projects

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A thread catcher, needle case and coaster.

I also made a matching pin cushion, and used fabrics to match my sewing machine covers. I have a machine cover in each of these fabrics – the green and the floral.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

6 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Glad they had a good first day, so cute....and the sewing set looks fantatic..

Susan said...

Love all the matchy stuff - thats how I like it too - all the same or at least coordinating. Good job! Very intrigued by the thread catcher - love that on especially.

Fiona said...

very productive day... great to have the girls in your new sewing room.... what fun... I'm sure I could hear the chattering here!!!
Hugz

Teresa said...

Love the photo of the boys Marilyn. Your sewing accessories look wonderful and I bet it was nice there in the new sewing room xx

Scottish Nanna said...

Your Grandies so Cute And it looks like you had A good day Sewing I love all the things you made.
Hugs Mary.

Lyn said...

A lovely selection of projects for the day...and your new sewing space looks great...a wonderful place to enjoy your sewing...