Friday, January 6, 2012

My room is having a facelift

Renovations are going on in my work room (aka one half of a double car garage)
All walls are now painted.
Floor – now speckle painted.  Much better than the dusty concrete I did have to contend with. 
Cleaning the floor prior to painting. 
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
After – with the new speckle paint dry and ready to remove the masking tape:
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
First section to be fitted out:  my office area, containing my personal computer and the work laptop.  Just needing some cords to be tidied, and this section is finished.  And I can now use my computer again, after more than a week off air.  Yay !!!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
No sewing yet – this work has occupied us for more than a week.  The rest of the room is nearing completion.  Photos to come when it is finished.
But I do have a pic of Harry ready for bed on Christmas Eve - wearing his Christmas boxer shorts. No standing still for a pic though.
Harry boxers

6 comments:

Allie said...

Oh my goodness that floor looks AMAZING! I love it! And what a darling pic of Harry, the little cutie!!!

Teresa said...

Wow I can't believe how good the floor looks... what a brilliant idea. How nice to have your own space... nice to have you back too. Great photo of Harry... he's so cute xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your Harry is so cute..and lucky you the floor looks fantastic...

Lyn said...

I agree the floor looks fabulous..will make a lovely workspace...and Harry looks cute in his shorts and hat..have a great New Year..

Vicki ♥ said...

The floor does look good and looks like it is going to be a lovely place to be. Harry is a cutie and looks like he was eager to get to bed for Santa to come. :) hugs Vicki x

Susan said...

I bet you are going to love your new space - I have just about finsihed working on my sewing space too - I am truly delighted. What a cutie Harry is.