Sunday, January 22, 2012

My first UFO finish for the year.

Oh this bag has haunted me I am sure.  I did this in a class that was to focus on using the different stabilizers – where to use what.  Well, the directions were so complex and the bag took so much concentration that I really cannot remember anything about using the stabilisers.  I didnt get the bag finished in class.  Every time I thought about finishing it I would remember the way the directions were written and decide against it – that is until a few days ago when I decided I had better just get it out of the way.  Fortunately I was able to work out what to do, not so much from the directions but more trial and error.  I dont know if it is the way it should be, but it did work.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It has a zippered pocket on the front under the flap, and one on the back.  I made it in a light denim colour, with the pink lining and trim. There were lots of pieces to cut out to make this, and one thing I can say is that everything fitted well, once I worked out where to put them.  That part of the pattern was just fine, it was just the way the directions were written up that was so complicated.

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

The tote is beautiful. The embroidery is a great touch!! Love it!

Fiona said...

so glad you finished it Marilyn.. it is so pretty....
Hugz

Susan said...

It looks lovely - great to have it finished I am sure!

Judith Tetley said...

Oh I can hear the frustration Marilyn...but it was worth it; cause you have a 'beaut' bag!
Hugs..Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

Scottish Nanna said...

your bag is Beautiful.
Hugs Mary.xx

Joy said...

Marilyn you did a great job, what a gawjus bag!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You did do a fantastic job...well done...