Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Final Reveal

The final section of my newly refurbished sewing room to be photographed is the very hub of the room.  Without this section I guess it would not be a sewing room at all.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Over the years I have gathered lots of bits and pieces of furniture, so in this room there are 4 desks – one for the computers and 3  for when I am sewing. Yes, I think that is enough room  to have people come for a sewing day.  .  . 

Most of the shelves, cupboards, and even a lot of the containers have been handed on to me from family members when they  had no more need for them.  If I can use it I dont say no.

Here is the view from outside when the door is up.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

  So that is my space – well apart from the laundry section which is in front of the car, and the cat’s bed which is supposed to be on the left hand side, but if I leave any fabrics or sewing projects out at night I can be sure she will use that for her bed for that night. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It is hard to photograph, but here is a little cup and saucer my friend crocheted, and gave to me among some other goodies for Christmas.  She makes and sells these at market stalls (in the UK), and they are in great demand.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well Now You can Finally Sit & Stitch after all Your Hard Work..
Your New Space Looks Fabulous..Your Own Little Retreat.
Enjoy!
cheers

Susan said...

Room for friends - now that is a GREAT idea - - its looking great and I bet you will get heaps done.

Noela said...

No more excuses now that you have your lovely sewing space. I'm sure lots of great quilting will be achieved in here.