Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Friends with Benefits swap

I have had a visit from the postie.  He dropped off a lovely parcel from Tracey – we were swap partners in Friends With Benefits, organised by Kathy.
Wow!   I am still in awe at the beautiful stitching Tracey did on the embroidery.  If you have never seen her stitching up close, you are missing out.  It is so even and tiny and perfect.  She even had my favourite colour combination of pink and green.  You have to check this out, though unfortunately the photos dont do it justice.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
As well, Tracey included these little extras. 
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Thank you so much Tracey.  I love it so much.  It will have pride of place where I can show it off.
My swap gift for Tracey was a "Dear Diary" journal ( pattern  by Joypatch. ) I used a stitchery design from Hugs and Kisses for the front cover. 
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I also stitched a bookmark, using one of the embroidery designs from Girls Day Out.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
This was a fun swap, with the benefits being giveaways each week of our sewing time.  Thank you so much Kathy for all your organising and making sure the swap ran smoothly.

7 comments:

Fiona said...

Those are lovely gifts from both of you to both of you....
Hugz

Mistea said...

Thanks for the beautiful gifts. They are just perfect.
So happy you like your Stitching friends mat.
Enjoy

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely gifts received and sent Marilyn. You both did a beautiful job.

Kathy said...

Such clever girls - what beautiful gifts! Tracey's stitcheries are fun. Journal covers are looking popular gifts - I received one yesterday from Peg at Happy in Quilting :) So pleased you enjoyed the swap.

Anonymous said...

what wonderful gifts both receved and sent,well done girls on a really lovely swap.xx

Christine M said...

You have both made each other some lovely gifts. This was certainly a fun swap.

Wendy said...

Such lovely gifts, given and received. And so funny, your posts were one after the other in my reader, I scrolled down and though "I've just seen that!"