Friday, May 4, 2012

This week’s WIPs

On my work table this week have been

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This is a combination - blocks from a cushion out of Patchwork and Stitching, designed by Bobbie Small.  I have made mine bigger and turned it into a table topper,  And the paper piecing project taught to us by Fee at Lets Get Stitched, which I have used to border the blocks ( the blue and red pieced border). I will be using the red spot on the butterfly for the outside border.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I did an embroidery class to make this large pincushion with pockets around the sides.  I still have to add some bling to the pockets before sewing in the base and stuffing it.  Not a very photogenic item at this stage.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Yesterday’s class at Sew This and That was an heirloom lingerie bag.  Instead of that I decided to make a covered coathanger for my Grandbaby due in a couple of months time. I used most of the techniques taught in the class, but on a smaller scale.   I still have to pad the coathanger and add the finishing touches.  I think I will make some more of these.  After all even a little girl needs beautiful dresses,  and she needs to be able to hang them.  Right?

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The last project under way is a baby wrap using this lovely pink baby muslin. 

I was so overwhelmed by lovely messages and gifts from friends and family, for my birthday last week. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Gorgeous fabric from De.  I love it, it is so dainty and pretty.   I know just what I will use it for. De lives close to me but we had to travel all the way to Tasmania to find that out.

And a girl needs lots of stationery, so lovely little notebooks from Ann (and also the cat that I am keeping for 10 years before passing it on.)  Ann is one of my stitching buddies..

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         .OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

My lovely blogging friend Teresa gave me these absolutely gorgeous fabrics, and the soaps match beautifully.  At this stage these fabrics are so pretty they are still in the stroking and petting stage.  I have met Teresa only once but it seems like I have known her for ever.  That is the fun thing about blogging friends.

Wendy, who I was able to meet last year when I went on a road trip up north, gave me little parcel of goodies above right.  Such a beautiful charm pack, the cutest little cat scissors with scissor fob,   Dont you just love the little Russian doll (trinket box).  She is so cute.

My birthday just keeps going on.  I did say I was going to celebrate, and I certainly have and am.  My daughter has booked us to go and see this

annie_gvenhancer_160x105Annie_12_event

in a week’s time.  I am so looking forward to it.

Now back to working on those projects.

3 comments:

De said...

You so deserve to be spoilt! Great projects you have been working on.

I have also had the pleasure of meeting Teresa once - she is delightful!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely projects Marilyn and how lovely to have a new Grandbaby on the way. I agree with De you deserve to be spoilt.

Kathy said...

Love how you have used Fee's fabric and piecing. It's very sweet.