Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Quilt show and… dont forget …

The past weekend Mountain Quilters at Peachester, (about 45 minute drive from where I live) hosted their quilt show.  They hold it every second year, and their work on display is always amazing.  Not many photos, but I did take some photos of my favourite quilt on display, ( the one I voted for in the viewers choice.)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The stands were quite close together so it was difficult to take a good full photo of the quilt.  I love the colouring in this, and the applique work was amazing.  A beautiful quilt.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

They had invited a good number of merchants to have stalls.  At the back of this photo is Sew This and That. (my favourite Local).  They were demonstrating the Sweet Sixteen quilting machine.

I have finally finished the embroidery for my tablecloth.  This is the last block, and is the centre of the tablecloth. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It is on a white background, not good for photographing, and is about 8 inches square.  This block has taken me ages to complete, mainly because it has been sitting in its box, untouched, for a couple of years.  It is on my UFO list for Sew Its Finished so I am keen to finish it this year,  I pulled it out a couple of weeks ago and have been working on it most nights.

Those in South East Queensland, dont forget about the Bloggers meet up on Sunday.  It is not too late to let us know you are coming, and we would love to have you come along.  (see previous post).

5 comments:

Fiona said...

wow... your embroidery block looks amazing.... beautiful... I'm so glad you are working on it... so it can come out the box....
see you on sunday...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gorgeous embroidery block Marilyn. Thanks for the little tour. See you Sunday.

De said...

Love your block and that quilt you picked is stunning!

Teresa said...

Love your embroidered block Marilyn. Can't wait to see you on Sunday xx

Wendy said...

Beautiful quilts and your embroidery is just lovely! There's so much work in there!