Sunday, June 1, 2014

piping finishes the cushion

My first finish during the Chookshed party is our sewing club project for May from Sew This and That.
  

We did double piping between the 2 fabrics on the top, and a piped edge around the cushion.  It was to have piping accent meandering over the main fabric - I left that part off at the request of my daughter as she preferred it without, and she is having the finished cushion.

I think I have said it before - I love doing piping, and it finishes off many projects so well.

10 comments:

Joy McD said...

Looks lovely!! Would you believe I don't think I have ever done any piping?! I'll have to visit you to learn how :) xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn i agree i love piping too,well done.xx

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely finished cushion. The piping looks great.

Bev C said...

Hello Marilyn,

This is beautiful. The piping always adds that extra bit.

Happy days.
Bev.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Lovely cushion...piping adds a lovely finish, like the idea of a double piping...

Chookyblue...... said...

thats a great cushion.........I like piping too.....well the effect that is haven't done it for years......

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Beautiful cushion .x

Christine M said...

Your cushion is lovely Marilyn. I love the double piping.

Fiona said...

It does finish it off nicely... I love the stripey piping...
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love it...