Sunday, June 8, 2014

FNwF stitching

At our Hand sewing class at Sew This and That for the past couple of months we have been experimenting with water colour pencil outlining and shading of an embroidery design.  My FNwF project this month was to commence the embroidery outline of the design.

The shading is very subtle, though I may go over some of it if it needs to be more pronounced.
I haven't decided what I will do with my finished design - when it is eventually finished.  I have a lot of flowers and leaves to do in the meantime.

You can go over here to check out what everyone else has been up to for this month's FNwF.  Oops, and just as well I went over as I realised I had not linked up.  All done now. Thank you once again Cheryll for linking us up for a cyber stitching night.



14 comments:

Maria said...

Your stitchery looks lovely.I have always wanted to purchase and use those pencils...

Lyn said...

That is a lovely block..I haven't used water colour pencils before..wondering what sort you used..

Jeanette said...

Lovely stitchery Marilyn. Tried out the shading for the first time on the label for Tatyana's quilt. Had fun doing that. Hugs,xx

retdairyqueen said...

Lovely stitching and Liking the colouring

Narelle said...

Beautiful piece of stitchery and shading :)
Something I would like to try one day.

Christine M said...

Your stitchery is lovely, Marilyn.

Sandra said...

Beautiful stitchery, I have just started one too

Fiona said...

looks really pretty and another technique that is fun...
Hugz

Helen said...

Beautiful stitchery the new technique sounds interesting.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely block. I have always wanted to try it.

Susan said...

I love the effects you can get with pencils and shading. You block will look lovely when its done.

Josie said...

Really pretty stitchery Marilyn. Love the look the shading gives. You've got me wondering where I put my watercolour pencils...;o)

Kathy said...

This is a lovely technique Marilyn, and your design shows it up beautifully.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Gorgeous design, what a lovely technique to use the watercolour pencils...