Friday, May 27, 2011

Easy way to achieve perfect mitred corners

Last night I went along to ruler club at Sew This and That to learn how to use the Marti Michell mitred corners ruler. 


It certainly was an easy ruler to use, and our mitred corners on our quilt blocks turned out just right.

I took along this rather soft, cot quilt panel  (this pic looks just a little brighter than it is - it really didnt shine at all .)


BUT.......A little time, some remnants from my stash, and it was transformed.

 It now looks much brighter.  A little quilting time and I will have a quilt ready and waiting for a new little bub.  (None in mind for this one yet though.)

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Think I need to buy one of these, I am hopeless at mitred corners. Avoid them!! Well done - love the cute quilt.

BubzRugz said...

I've never done a mitred corner on a border..... yours looks great...
Hugz