Friday, October 19, 2012

Rainy north to sunny south

Firstly, thank you for comments on my posts.  So sorry I cant respond as I am having an email problem – can receive but cant send.  But I do appreciate them.  I am trying to keep up with blog reading, even though I dont get to comment much.)

(Our travels of 18/10/12)

Sadly, it was time to leave the north coast of Scotland.  We both loved dit so much up there – it is so beautiful. We had been fortunate with the weather being cold but very few showers.  Today was different, rain falling continuously until we reached the southern areas.

But before I left, I wanted to “feel” the North Sea waters.  (crazy, I know).

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We drove down through the middle of Scotland, past lochs, mountains, barren looking hills, and clear streams.  For quite some time we saw no signs of life, not even animals, except for the occasional car coming towards us.

PA180002

 

                              PA180020

After we passed the miles and miles of pine forests we eventually left the rain behind and had weak sunshine.

Tonight we are just north of Edinburgh.  Tomorrow we will cross back into England.

PA180013PA180021

2 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

The colors are beautiful. Enjoy your blog meet.

Noela said...

Looks like you are having a great time. Bet the sea was cold. Hugs....