Monday, April 16, 2012

Got to believe it

They say if you keep something long enough it will be used.  A few years ago my daughter gave me a 1/2 metre of fabric she had bought from Ebay.  She said she didnt know what I could use it for but she liked it so bought it for me.

Cute isnt it.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

Now I have used it !  This month at Sew This and That’s Sewing club we made a jacket/garment cover.  It was the perfect fabric to use.

I also had a piece of shoe fabric which I used for the lower section.

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

With the leftover piece I made a coathanger to use inside the cover.  The cover looks crooked because I needed to take it on an angle tonight.  The sides are actually the same length.  (hopefully a better pic in daylight).

It also has a hidden pocket inside, and I used another shoe fabric for it.  That means 3 pieces of fabric have left my stash, and have been used.

I hear people talking about having 2 machines going at the same time.  At the weekend I did just that.  On one machine I was making this

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

lace to be used in a project I am finishing at a class on Thursday. 

while at the same time I was appliquing flowers on the blocks of my second Bliss quilt. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Here are the blocks with the first flower appliqued on. There will be 6 flowers.

10 comments:

Allie said...

Oh my gosh yes, that is the perfect fabric for that! How darling! And a padded hanger too!
Hey, we have the same machine - I have two Designer 1's and used to set them both up all the time. One for embroidery, one for quilting. Unfortunately they BOTH need service!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your quilt blocks!!!

Fiona said...

how cute is the hanger... perfect fabric for that... busy with the machines..
Hugz

Susan said...

Great fabric - your daughtr has good taste!! The Bliss blocks look great. I've always thought that if you were machine embroidering you could be doing something else at the same time! Very clever with your ambidextrous-ness!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Cute fabric....your blocks look fantastic...I love Bliss

Lyn said...

Now that is what I call multi tasking, 2 machines at once...love your use of the fabric...your quilt is looking good..

De said...

Love your garment bag! What a great idea for that fabric! Bliss is looking good!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your garment bag is so lovely and the fabric is just so perfect for it. 2 machines at once and I thought I was bad. LOL! Your quilt looks gorgeous Marilyn.

Vicki ♥ said...

That fabric is perfect for the clothes bag :) It looks great Marilyn and you are making lace on that machine??? Wow....I need one of those machines! How clever are you having both going at the same time :) Hugs Vicki x

Wendyb said...

Oh Marilyn that fabric is wonderful! You've matched it perfectly to the project....is it the one that was in the Homespun mags recently??? Love it! and the Bliss baby is gorgeous too!!!
xoxo sugary hugs
Wendy :O)

Teresa said...

Wow Marilyn, that fabric is so cool. I love the garment cover and the fabrics you used were just perfect for it. Your Bliss quilt is AMAZING... I am in love with it!!!