Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Quilt has gone to its new home.

The quilt is completed and has gone to its new home.

I bought a jelly roll  "Swell" by Urban Chicks for Moda - then had the dilemma of how to make it up.  The design is loosely following a quilt I saw, with some additions and alterations, such as gentle scalloping on 3 sides to add interest.  One jelly roll made the top of the quilt, which is the size of a queen bed topper.  I was able to buy some yardage for the border.  All that was left of the jelly roll was used to make the flowers and leaves to be appliqued in the border, and the left over flowers were sewn on a vine on the back.

My machine was a little temperamental while I was quilting it, but with some TLC and a little frustration it is done.  It is so hard to send machines off to be serviced - when is the right time to be without it?  I know - it is for just a short time, 10 days with our technician, but that seems so long to not be able to sew.  I think it is almost time though.  (please just keep going till I have finished the next couple of projects, then I promise I will get you there.)

This quilt was made for my daughter.  She loves the choice of fabrics.

This is the first jelly roll I have used.  Certainly is fast and simple.


BubzRugz said...

It's lovely.... I have only used jelly roll once - it is great and no waste (or hardly any) I love the extra detail of applique and scollops that you added - really makes the quilt...

Vicki ♥ said...

Love it Marilyn and the flowers on the edge and back look so good and complete the overall look. Your quilting is fabulous and so glad your machine is all fixed now :) Hugs
Vicki xx