Monday, December 31, 2012

Family weddings and bloggy friends

My last Christmas sewing this year was some cushions for one of my daughters.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
When I bought the fabric I hadnt realised that the spacing between the wire or branch the birds are sitting on was not even across the fabric.  I needed to buy a bit more to be able to cut from the same section so they would be better positioned.  Even so my daughter loves them and said she has a few places where they would go nicely in her house.  So that is the main thing.  I found this lovely stripe , to use for the piping.OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
At the weekend we were privileged to be able to go to my Niece’s wedding.  On Friday there had been some quite heavy rain, but Saturday was a beautifully sunny day, with such a clear blue sky.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
The wedding was in a park, beside a waterfall, a beautiful setting.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  Definitely one of the advantages of weddings is the opportunity to catch up with people we rarely see, so it was great to see my brother,, as well as a great opportunity for a photo of him with his daughter.. 
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
The other wonderful opportunity of travelling to other towns is to sometimes be able to meet up with bloggy friends.  I had just that chance on Friday to meet up with Fiona of Bubz Rugz once again.  We had a lovely couple of hours chatting over a cuppa, talking Family, projects, sewing, and life in general.  It is still hard to believe we have met only once before, but we do email frequently so it seems we have known each other for simply ages. (This was on the rainy day, and the cloud is still hanging heavily).
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I had made a project pouch to give to Fiona.  I made it large enough that an A4 pattern sheet would fit in the pouch along with the fabric and threads for a stitchery or small project.  These panels are “New Quilts Old Friends” by Sandy Gervais (Moda). . 
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I have had them for some years, but was unsure just what I would do with them. Looking at them recently it came to me that they would be good for small “sewing” items  I have another 6 panels, so will make them up into similar projects I think.
Fiona gave me a cute little needlecase..  The fabric is so beautiful.  It will go into my project pouch I think, so I will always have my needles ready for use. Fiona has not only written a tutorial here to make your own needlecase, but also has a very generous giveaway of  kits to make one in beautiful Rural Jardin fabrics.  Do go visit her blog and make a comment.  
I also have a lovely selvedge bookmark, gorgeous tag, and there WERE some yummy chocs in the bottom of the  gorgeous little Christmas bonbon.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
We were back from the wedding with time to spend a few hours with our 2 daughters, S-I-L and 4 of our Grandies.
kids 



sf_newyear2013_wordart

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely post Marilyn,happy new year.xx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the cushions, gorgeous wedding...and Happy New Year Marilyn...

Noela said...

Lovely post Marilyn. How lovely to catch up with Fiona. Hope she can come to a blog meet next year. Have a Happy New Year.
Hugs.....

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely post. It is nice to catch up with family at such special occasions. So glad you have had a great time with gorgeous Fiona. Lovely gifties too.
Happy New year.
Hugs xx

Wendy said...

those cushions are beautiful! How nice that you met up with Fiona, and such lovely project bags you gave her!

Maria said...

The cushions are lovely. Nice happy photos in the post..
Have a great New Year.

Fiona said...

What a lovely post... those cushions are adorable and lovely family pics too... I love my project bag and it was such fun catching up with you...
Hugz

Susan said...

A beautiful setting for a wedding! The cushions are so sweet. And I love your project pouches - I think that is a very clever idea - I think I have a panel like that hanging around somewhere... now to add it to the list and figure out how you did them!