Sunday, June 20, 2010

thread catcher


Continuing with the Early Bird Christmas Crafting is this cute little thread catcher, from the tutorial here.  Using the leftover strips I made the matching pin cushion.  These have used up two pieces from my scrap pile, and will make a gift for one of my quilting friends. They were very quick to make and the tutorial was well written.

Tonight we are going to have dinner with our older daughter and her husband.  It was her birthday yesterday but they had to watch the rugby game last night so we postponed the dinner till tonight.  We are going to a restaurant near where they live along Mt Mee Road.  Should be nice.

Harry's feet have improved and he now wears little boots instead of the stints.  He still has the connecting bar, but they are able to remove the boots for bathing/dressing.  He needs to wear them 23 hours per day.  He is coming out to dinner tonight also.

5 comments:

Dianne said...

Hi Marilyn, I am really impressed with different ones who are doing Christmas gifts at this time of year. Know I will be kicking myself for not finding time to join in. I love your thread catcher and the pin cushion looks to be a nice size and shape too. Well done, Cheers Dianne

Jude said...

the thread catcher and pin cushion look good , thats a great gift for a crafter.

Judith Tetley said...

Hi Marilyn, I just popped in to see how you were going with your Early Bird Mini Gift count for June. I noted six on your blog...is that correct? I want to put your total next to your blog name and put you in the monthly draw.
Kind Regards
Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great idea Marilyn they look fantastic...

Joy said...

They look great Marilyn, and guess what ... I have some of that bee fabric in my stash too!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)