But - I finished my tablecloth. It is rather difficult to take a photo to show the colour correctly. But if you click on the photo the enlarged one shows it a little better, I think.
This was started as a friendship round project with a group of friends in 2006. Each of the 8 friends made an embroidered block and a 9 patch block for me. My theme was garden and light to mid blues. I provided the white homespun and lots of pictures for inspiration. The embroideries were amazing.
It is a lot of photos, but I am going to post the photos of all the embroideries done by my friends, as a record for myself - for when I get old and my memory is not so good. (hehe).
Lorraine - this is the first embroidery Lorraine has done, and she had the others in the group teach her the stitches - she has done beautiful work.
This is one of mine - I placed it in the centre as it is non directional. Each other embroidery faces outwards so it can be seen well by the person sitting in front of it.
I did the remaining 6 embroideries over time, but the most difficult part was working out the size of the outside sashing and border to fit the centre section. It finally went together well.
I have a very old table which had belonged to my Great Grandparents and would be at least 130 years old. The tablecloth fits perfectly on it.
Kai and Charlie had a sleepover on Friday night. On Saturday they cleaned the outside area where their dog (who has a permanent sleepover with us) usually sleeps.
Such great helpers. They also bathed their dog - and turned the hose onto me, which of course they thought was hilarious.