Monday, July 18, 2011

A special bloggy meeting, and time on the "farm"

It was such an activity packed week away, catching up with family, staying on a farm in the middle of cane fields, experiencing just a little of their life.  The reason we were there was to celebrate with my brother-in-law on this occasion:


Such a huge highlight was meeting ..........
                                                            ...... Wendy.  (She was SUPPOSED to be selling raffle tickets, but we chatted while Ann did most of the selling).  It was soooo good to meet in person.  When you read a person's blog regularly you do get to know quite a bit about their day to day life, but to meet is so special.  I wish we had had more time but I had to remind myself that I was there for a family occasion and needed to spend most of my time with them.  Still, as we have family living there and there are farm houses we can stay in, maybe we can plan another trip up there before too long, and hopefully be able to stay a little longer also. 

I got to see close up the beautiful quilt Wendy's quilting group is raffling.  It is even more beautiful in real view - made by some very talented quilters - a beautiful prize.

Staying in the middle of the cane fields during harvest time meant we were able to see some of the action.

Explore a picturesque spot on the river.
We kept a close watch, but didnt see any crocs.  Wonder if they saw us, or if they were in a different spot on that day.
AND...... I dressed up in this glamorous outfit........

while we got up close and personal with these little guys

resulting in a jar of very fresh honey.

Our time  came to an end way too quickly, but we did fit in a visit to these friendly creatures -
the cattle my B-I-L keeps.  Most of them are off to the abbatoir in the next couple of weeks, but not yet for this fellow - under my hand he has a "red patch", and he is named KD after my red headed B-I-L.

3 comments:

Allie said...

Visiting with Wendy looks like great fun - and that spot on the river looks so pretty, but crocs??? Yikes! Glad you didn't see any. You're a brave woman getting so close to those bees....

Lyn said...

Your photos show what a wonderful time you must have had- a great looking cake- very brave of you even though you were dressed up to cope with the bees!

Wendyb said...

I'm a bit slow in getting on the blog but I looooooved meeting you too.....and only hope we can do it more often now! Love looking at the pictures of your visit....gee....I live here and don't get to see half of that stuff!!! hee hee
take care lovely and see you again soon
:O) love n sugary hugs
Wendy XXX