Sunday, July 24, 2011

The week that was.....

The past week I have been working on some WIPs and a UFO.

This quilt came about by default.  When I bought my first machine embroidery program some years ago I experimented with the different functions, taking some butterfly designs and altering them in all sorts of ways to see what the program could do.  I stitched them out on leftover scraps of fabrics I had dyed.
 I eventually had enough blocks done to be able to piece into a good sized quilt.


 Now, this many years later my first program is not compatible with Windows 7 so I have just bought another program.  This time I have the same quilt out and am doing the same learning experience, but  using the designs I edit to quilt the borders of it.
using butterfly and flower redwork designs.  I am almost half way round the borders, then just a bit more quilting in the blocks, add the binding and it is another UFO completed.

I am also working on these:  (not a very clear photo - better one will come once I have finished)
 to go on this:
the "Give Thanks" free BOM from Jenny of Elefantz.

I also have some catching up to do on this BOM:
the Snow Hearts blocks from here.  It is so relaxing working on these at nights - so why did I get behind?  Who knows.

Hopefully by next weekend I will have achieved great things with these projects.  I wonder.............

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Each time I read your blog there is something new I learn about you... so you dye your own fabric and have done all these lovely embroideries... its so nice to put your practice items together into a quilt.... I also love hand stitchign at night in front of tv....
Hugz

Allie said...

My gosh you get so much done!! That quilt will be gorgeous. My embroidery software is over 10 years old - I bet it won't work with Windows 7 too, egads. There's no way I can buy new.